Top Speed - SH150i

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
TommyXP
Staff

Re: Top Speed - SH150i

Post by TommyXP » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:55 pm

Never noticed any draw-backs, vibrations or stability issues.
If I lost "top-end" I would care so very little; compared to the many positive effects and comfort that the screen provides.
There is always more than one way to 'skin-a-cat'........
Good Luck and thanks IF you memorialize your entire saga on these pages, using your available method.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

aaron

Post by aaron » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:36 pm

TommyXP wrote:Never noticed any draw-backs, vibrations or stability issues.
If I lost "top-end" I would care so very little; compared to the many positive effects and comfort that the screen provides.
There is always more than one way to 'skin-a-cat'........
Good Luck and thanks IF you memorialize your entire saga on these pages, using your available method.
This particular cat has been skinned. It turned out great, and now I need to figure out how to get the pics up here. I think they exceed the allowable file size.
2009 Yamaha C3 (2010 cannonballer and current daily rider), 2010 Honda SH150i (dream bike and prize possession), 2016 Yamaha Zuma 125 (all purpose plaything)

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:22 am

Good for you and waiting to hear what method you used and of your experience.....
Please try to keep the picture file size beneath ~50k and ~300 x 500 pixels for best viewing on most screens.
"Windows" has a Free app for resizing photo's that you can down-load and there are others too.
Trying to save 'space' on a limited server here.........

aaron

Post by aaron » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Managed to eke out 76mph yesterday. Temps in the low 50s. My freshly shorn windscreen certainly helped, but the real difference was the sliders I installed. 12g Dr. Pulleys. I did not hit the rev limiter. It used to get me at 75mph with new belt and rollers. I feel like it's lurking around 78 now. I'll report back on a warm day, and I'm darned encouraged that it pulled 75+ on such a cold(ish) day.

No particular go-fast parts. Just maximizing an incredible engine with the best consumables where it counts. K&N air filter, full synthetic oil, the Dr. Pulley sliders at a marginally lighter weight (I didn't feel like acceleration was an issue until I got my 2016 Zuma 125, but now the Sh has slapped it back into its place.) I also break in my bikes according to the letter of the owners manual, and I'm an ardent believer in gentle warm-ups.
2009 Yamaha C3 (2010 cannonballer and current daily rider), 2010 Honda SH150i (dream bike and prize possession), 2016 Yamaha Zuma 125 (all purpose plaything)

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:30 am

Those are some impressive numbers you tweaked out of her. Post some pics regardless of size and I'll handle it on this end. Good work.....

aaron

Post by aaron » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:01 am

TommyXP wrote:Those are some impressive numbers you tweaked out of her. Post some pics regardless of size and I'll handle it on this end. Good work.....
Nothing new to admire since I posted pics of my windscreen my windscreen project:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6346
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6347

That said, my recent top speed was coming back from a ride that included dropping off akrapovic exhaust brackets for powder coating. It took a long time and a lot of self-convincing, but I finally tossed my hat in the ring for an aftermarket pipe. It had been sitting underneath my bed for a while now because while the muffler and header are gorgeous, the mounting brackets were unfinished, almost slaggy, just awful looking. The one condition in my head for swapping in an aftermarket exhaust is that it had to look excellent and beautiful, like a factory option. These brackets fell short. So flat black for them and the ends of the mounting bolts. Pics will follow.

aaron

Post by aaron » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Took the day off work yesterday and gave the Sh a 100 mile Italian tuneup across varying topography, temperatures, wind speeds, and humidity levels.

The sliders/Akrapovic combo are definitely a key to unlocking the potential of the stock engine/CVT setup. On the flat, it lives above 70mph. 75mph arrived easier than before, and I split the 75 and 80 mph hashmarks down the middle flat out. On a slight decline, the needle was touching the left side of the 80mph hashmark. Still did not hit the rev limiter.

It's not a high priority, but now I know I need to shave a little off the sliders. The factory rollers were 12.5g. I got 12g Dr. Pulley sliders to favor at-speed performance. But after yesterday, I feel like the engine should spin just a little bit faster across the rev range, and in particular if I want its highest possible speed to exist just the slightest hair past the rev limiter. I'll go 11g and see what happens.

Do I have the fastest reported Sh150??

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:49 am

Vary, quite, possibly, so.....This side of a maniacally orientated full-time GearHead without a job and living at a much higher altitude.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Tue May 30, 2017 9:05 am

I could only get to 65 mph, but I made a slight change to the rollers and installed a gram heavier sliders. I can get to 70 mph. No change in gas mileage yet.

I may increase them even further. Maybe another gram heavier.

Edit: I did get up to 70 mph and the mpg is now at 96 mpg? 16 mpg bump. Very nice. I'll report if it stays consistently at 96 mpg. It will start to get cooler soon. Cannot wait.
Last edited by seanstr26m on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

seanstr26m

Post by seanstr26m » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:42 am

I have now gotten my Lance Cali Classic 125cc carburated scooter to get 94 mpg. I got the carb adjusted correctly. Then I increased roller weights a lot. From 12 gram rollers to 18 gram sliders.

It's now the Honda's turn. I'm increasing from the 14 gram sliders to 18 gram rollers. I might get more top end but I'm looking at getting more mpg. I'll report back as soon as I have installed and had time to test mpg properly.

EDITTED 8/14/17,

I can get to 70 mph, but I notice a strange noise related to my rear pulley. I did maintenance on it but that didn't fix it for speeds above 55 mph. I'm going to purchase a different one.

Still haven't gotten the mpg to go up significantly.

Also, the Cali Classic gets up to, at most 55mph. normally 52 mph is top end.