swampy

2017 sh125 sh150

Post by swampy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:41 pm

nobody like the new Honda Sh 2017 can't see anyone talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMUOvJe68S4&t=32s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynIEVaJA83Y&t=48s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZhWbWJgv_8

I didn't at first but its growing on me

I did hope for a bigger petrol tank and better suspension but doesn't look like its changed much the forks look a little different , I don't like the look of the new seat with the 2 different fabrics and white stitching
The new clocks I'm not sure and the wheels

I like the new rear headlight...nice and bright
Really like the smart key
Exhaust tip has plastic around it now will stop the rusting!

still love my sh125i 2014 white model :)

TommyXP
Staff

Re: 2017 sh125 sh150

Post by TommyXP » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:27 am

I like it much better than the PCX they tried to fawn-off on us as a replacement for the 2010SH.
16" wheels; the seat appears to be a ½" lower; side-stand; seems they moved the rear shock mounts further back at the lower reach and now have 5-step adjustment which 'might' improve the ride; eliminated the starter motor and gears(!); a little lighter weight; increased fuel mileage; don't know about that idle/stoppy thingy; moved the radiator which concerns me a little since that area of the bike is ALWAYS the dirtiest and caked with 'back-road' mud; the rest is cosmetic.
The seat will continue to be a pain-in-the-ass for larger 'framed' North Americans and probably necessitate cutting out the 'hump' again.

With no physical contact, I 'think' they may have actually improved the 2010SH and not screwed us elsewhere. Time will tell.....Probably won't see these available in the states for a long time, as with the 2010.
I usually don't ever sell a vehicle until it is all used-up and ready for the bone-yard, but in this case, I'd consider selling one of my 2 SH's and getting one of these tomorrow if I could and I wouldn't except delivery until they slapped a couple of City Grips on it and a Honda windscreen. I'll put mine own Givi +40qt. top-box on it with an additional STOP light at the top......

Thanks for sharing and bringing this to our attention Mikey.
Pleasant Dreams are here again!
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

NADman

Post by NADman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks for the info and videos. Still wanting the SH300 but in the meantime I don't think I can do any better than my '10 SH150 in Canada. Seat height and rear suspension continue to plauge.
On the other hand its as good as a (motorcycle?) I have ever owned since the 1968-9?? Honda Honda Hellcat 450. I was the proud owner of (I was one of first in Canada to own one). DOHC and a redline of 12k.
Made me dump all hopes and dreams of all the Beezers, Trump's, Norton's and HD's I had at the time.
Sorry if I'm rambling.
Bah Humbug.
Oh I mean merry Xmas.

swampy

Post by swampy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:33 am

I picked up the new sh125i on saturday :)
only done 42 miles

So far compared to my older version it feels alot smoother at pull away and low speed (0 -30 mph) ,
Its more comfy the seat's a little softer and rear suspension I think.
It feels a little wider bigger at the front when riding and it seem like more leg room at the knees. (The handle bar width is the same as olderr version as I measured it myself.
The mirrors i don't like much you see your elbows much more now .. lower down and different shape ,
I might buy the old mirrors see how it goes . I think they don't vibrate as much though at speed

The keyless system is really good I don''t like that us in Europe didn't get the built in alarm version like the ones I've seen from Vietnam.
The rear headlight is much brighter now .
Last edited by swampy on Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:51 am

Nice! Thanks to the pics you provided, I don't see anything about it I do not like....Looks like they contoured that forward panel to provide more knee room.
Was wondering: in the photo from the rear with the running lights illuminated; is there a light in the top-case that illuminates when you hit the brake?
I put 3 (small: 6-led ea.), one in the high center (bar) and one on each lower rear side (Givi). I believe an extra high center brake light at least, is an attention-getter and more in the 'sight-line' of cage dwellers and should come 'stock'.....
Thanks for taking the Time to share.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

swampy

Post by swampy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:50 am

hello thanks Tommy

No rear light on the honda topbox not even a reflector
The rear running light is much brighter than the 2013 - 2016 version.

One thing I noticed is the new LED front lights are not as bright in day light ,

You did a good job with your top box