SH 150 Clutch :

Take a moment to introduce yourself, it is required to make at least one post as a new member,members with no posts will be automatically deleted after 2 days.
webbcord

SH 150 Clutch :

Post by webbcord » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Has anyone used the RMS 100360160 rotor clutch ?

TommyXP
Staff

Re: SH 150 Clutch :

Post by TommyXP » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:39 pm

Not I.....I haven't have to concern myself with clutch issues YET and wonder about your mileage?
I have a Malossi #5214724 sitting on my desk forever just in case I have a once-in-a-life-time rendezvous with some young tart; since a member spoke highly of the price/quality eons ago....
Totally against my grain not to go stock....but.......
Is RMS a Honda part #? What's your objective? I have much to learn.........
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

webbcord

Post by webbcord » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:32 pm

The belt is slipping and a chatter noise is coming from that area . I am replacing the belt ,complete vairator , clutch and bell . The RMS has a much better price . What do you think ? At 44 K my SH is still as new , no scratches . I keep excellent maintenance and change oil every 1 k with the best grade SYN oil.

Not knowing I would be afraid to say .

Webb Cord Franklin

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:56 am

The Malossi clutch and bell complete assembly only cost me ~$85 and have yet need to use it.
I have ~32 some thousand miles between 2 SH's and do the oil every 1,000 - 1500 miles using Rotella T6 which I highly recommend for cost and quality, and even though it is a Diesel oil, it is highly acclaimed amoungst serious riders.
There was a Time, long ago, where I could claim no scratches, scrapes and bent levers. Time and momentary inattention's have taken a toll and left many well-earned scars. I too keep the maintenance up to par but the only time they see any water is when I am out in it. They get wiped down maybe once a year but mostly maintain a ratty well used look that mimics mine own appearance within the ravages of Time.
Looking forward to celebrating your 50,000 mark........

webbcord

Post by webbcord » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:45 pm

Many thanks , will order the Malossi clutch and bell and let you know what happens . :roll:

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:27 am

Like I said, I haven't tried/needed it yet and obtained it based upon this post:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6424&hilit=clutch+malossi
I went against my own grain by not sticking with OEM parts this time and don't know yet as to the performance
of this assembly, other than hearsay and it looks good.....