Yamaha X-Max 300

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
TommyXP
Staff

Re: Yamaha X-Max 300

Post by TommyXP » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:54 am

"...... I wonder if the US will receive this bike (Forza 300) or remain in the 3rd world of powersports. No Honda SH300i, No Honda Integra Scooter, No Honda X-ADV."

Taken from the Comments section of the link that Mikey provided above.....

I've divested myself of the contagious American ego in favor of truly becoming a human Being and being able to appreciate the Good in Life (SH!).
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

hdsteal

Post by hdsteal » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:34 am

TommyXP wrote:"...... I wonder if the US will receive this bike (Forza 300) or remain in the 3rd world of powersports. No Honda SH300i, No Honda Integra Scooter, No Honda X-ADV."

Taken from the Comments section of the link that Mikey provided above.....

I've divested myself of the contagious American ego in favor of truly becoming a human Being and being able to appreciate the Good in Life (SH!).
So you've settled for mediocrity and accepted your fate as a SH150 only owner?
What has humanity done to us all.
I still dream for that one day when a gleaming semi comes over the horizon to the local Honda dealer filled
with SH300i's
Cheers to that day, may it come before I'm done
Call me Don Quixote, but a guys gotta have dreams (even unrealistic ones ) :lol:
150i

stonerolled

Post by stonerolled » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:45 pm

I have been looking at the Smax. All hail the flat floor scooter. My sh is approaching 13000 miles. I would like to really wear this scooter out before any trades. I usually keep cars at least 8 years and 80000 miles or longer. How many miles will the SH go before major issues on average?

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 am

stonerolled wrote:How many miles will the SH go before major issues on average?
I'm rebuilding my driven pulley (seals & bearings) at 24,000. Probably not major. It was leaking grease into the clutch bell.
For those who aren't confined by workmans comp. like me. HAPPY 420 :lol:

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:39 am

2 bearings 2 seals 2 O-rings and 1 collar seal. Back 2 nermal. Easy peasy :mrgreen:

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Tue May 01, 2018 6:16 am

Sometimes it seems like I'm waiting and waiting for something to go wrong so I can have something to fix and putter with......
Me tools is getting rusty and brain dusty.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

stonerolled

Post by stonerolled » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:33 am

I almost traded my sh for a nc750x dct. I enjoyed the ride to the dealer so much I had doubts and after the weekend decided i will hang on to the sh, replace belt at 15000 and wear the it out if i can. By the way, normally i avoid interstate but I was impatient so I gave it a shot. Where I am there are always some trucks doing about 65 which is perfect for drafting. The tall windscreen is luxurious at any speed. Cant pull the NC onto sidewalks as easy as the sh and the ability to wear shorts to the gym on it is priceless.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:43 am

I have a 2016 Burgman 400 now also. Picked up in March with only 199 miles. I love the storage space and power of a 400cc engine but I would never have purchased another scooter if I didn't purchase the SH150 first. I'm trying to sell my motorcycle now. I hardly ride it at all since both scooters are more convenient and comfortable. Last week I changed the air filter, CVT filter, oil and rear diff fluid in the SH150. It's the easiest bike I have to work on. Plus insurance and registration is less then 200.00 a year. The only place it is lacking for me is wind protection and interstate cruising speed. Last week I drove the SH round trip to Lake Mead in an incredible headwind. The trip was about 100 miles and when I got back I filled up and only used 1.25 gallons! That's 80 mpg. There are some good deals out there on used low mileage mega scooters. I saw a dealer in Los Angeles that has 5 brand new 2015 Yamaha T Max's reduced to 6995.00. I heard there are some Honda dealers sitting on un-crated 2013 Yamaha Silverwings. That was the last year they where sold in the U.S. Lots of Honda Forzas sitting around the dealerships also. Ugly scoot if you ask me.

Here is a link to that dealer. https://www.wheelsinmotionmc.com/