Replacing my SH150 mirrors

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Mikey

Replacing my SH150 mirrors

Post by Mikey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:37 am

Finally replaced the mirrors on my SH. Was a little more complicated then I thought. Most motorcycle mirrors have a 10mm thread and ours are 8mm. So I purchased the Emgo mirror adapters off of ebay. Then my next problem was the left side is a reverse thread or left hand thread. I guess so the mirror will bend in if you fall over or wack something. Couldn't find a 8mm LH thread to 10 mm RH thread adapter so ended up buying a 8mm tap from Lowels and redoing the threads. So now it's done. If anyone wants the old mirrors I'll send them for the cost of the shipping to wherever in the US. I have enough stuff sitting in my garage that I will never use again.

Also I been riding my 2016 Suzuki Burgman a lot and I really like the scoot. Lots of storage capacity and very well balanced. I wont be getting rid of my SH150 since it is the first scooter I owned, easy to work on and cheap to insure and register here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Replacing my SH150 mirrors

Post by TommyXP » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:03 am

Upon viewing the top pic, my butt broke out in a rendition of "I only have eyes for you"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvzNeh4Mq1o
Nice, too.....
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:08 am

My first love! I worked a lot of overtime to pay for that seat. You do sit higher and it does change the center of gravity but oh so comfortable!

NADman

Post by NADman » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:17 pm

I haven't needed to change my mirror's yet but when I do I'll
cut and weld the shaft's. A little polishing and a satin black paint bomb.
You can change the original bends (to some degree Ha) in a press.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:39 am

Monkeying around in the garage yesterday I found some mirror extenders 10 mm. I don't even remember where I got them from. Since my mirrors are now 10 mm I'll give it a try and post some pictures.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 am

Thinking: with today's technology, and since we peer over our windscreens anyways, why not project a transparent image of whats behind us upon the inner windscreen and be done with the mirrors all together?
A 360° view of your world right in front of your face!
Seems, I only look in the mirrors to be certain that no one is behind me and take action to try to keep it that way.....Urban dwellers have always my sympathy...........
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:58 am

Rearview cameras are mandatory on all new cars and trucks. I could see having one on a motorcycle but they only allow you to watch it if your going in reverse.

hdsteal

Post by hdsteal » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:21 pm

Mikey wrote:Rearview cameras are mandatory on all new cars and trucks. I could see having one on a motorcycle but they only allow you to watch it if your going in reverse.
You mean your SH doesn't have the reverse gear like mine?
Huh
Previous owner must have taken it off ;)
150i