Benelli Q.J. Caffenero 150

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom
Mikey

Benelli Q.J. Caffenero 150

Post by Mikey » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 am

Went to the AIM expo Sunday in Las Vegas. Best part of the day was getting in for free since someone was leaving and gave me their pass to use. All the major Japanese brands where there besides Harley Davidson, Indian, Triumph, Cam Am and also Sym. Saw some classic motorcycles beside custom bikes. Some manufacturers where there that I never heard of from Italy, Spain, South Korea and China. Lots of vendors for aftermarket parts and accessories. I recognized Twisted Throttle at the show. There was a company Roxor that makes a new version of the Willy Jeep with a diesel engine.

Many of the Japanese manufacturers are building updated retro models. The biggest impression I received was we are going to see a big explosion of Chinese bikes and parts here in the U.S. over the next couple of years. The quality is improving and there is no denial they are so much cheaper then what the other manufacturers we are used to are charging for new models these days.

One example is the CSC TT250 dual sport that is based on a old Honda design. You can get a crated bike shipped to your home for $2195.00. Also parts are available for it at the CSC web page. Lot's of YouTube videos on that bike.

One scooter I saw was the Benelli Q.J. Caffenero 150. It seemed to be a total knockoff of our Honda SH150. The only difference was the rear disc.

https://usa.benelli.com/product/caffenero-150

I guess if your going to copy, copy from the best.

Mikey

Re: Benelli Q.J. Caffenero 150

Post by Mikey » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:23 am

Some more info on Benelli: Benelli was established in Pesaro, Italy in 1911, which possibly makes it the oldest of all European motorcycle factories in operation. Benelli is now part of motor Group Qianjiang, a corporation in Wenling, southeast China. Benelli Q.J. is located in Pesaro, with the same workforce in the same premises as previous proprietor Benelli S.p.A.

So the Caffenero is a Chinese knock off of the Honda SH150.

TommyXP
Staff

Re: Benelli Q.J. Caffenero 150

Post by TommyXP » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:37 am

Interesting.....the effects of 'globalism' as if anyone can do anything anywhere to the same 'standard', and 'culture' is without influence over the final outcome/quality. Don't believe that there is any way of running-away from that.
Going to maintain my 'feeling' towards Chinese 'knock-offs' thus.
Noted that in the specs the 'Final Drive' is listed as 'chain'.....Wonder how and why they did that? Must be costly to hold certain tolerances??
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.