Throttle, I suspect

Figure out maintenance issues and discuss modifications
jergrande

Throttle, I suspect

Post by jergrande » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:15 am

Hey Guys,
I successfully changed out my belt that I knew needed to be done 8-) cause it sounded like she was gripping at me. But after that the idle still sounded "uneven", like hesitate at times. I let it go for awhile. Now when I come to a stop or come home, the bike just wants to jump or keep going then just quite on her own. So now when I come to a stop I just turn the key off to avoid it & she starts right back up. Another point: When she's off the back wheel won't move (freewheel). Haven't tried it on the stand, I just know I can't roll it to another position. My first rookie solution was just shoot some WD40 in the throttle body just to loosen her up :lol:
Thanks for any feedback

breaknwind

Re: Throttle, I suspect

Post by breaknwind » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Clutch is stuck. The throttle body/ECU won't cause the rear wheel to lock up. The griping you refer to was the clutch. More info is needed. Your location, year of bike, mileage. I can remove the clutch bell nut with the variator holding tool. Have fun removing the clutch bell after you remove the nut. Might need a gear puller. Posting the mileage of the bike is the single most important info when asking for help. If you continue to ride the bike like this, you will scrap it.

jergrande

Post by jergrande » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:11 am

So I was right, unfortunately :( The throttle ended up with significant damage & the shop quoted my $1200 in parts/labor. For the info I forgot to include: I have a 2010 Honda SH150i with approx 39,000 mls on it. The reason it ended up in the shop, is because on my way home from work, I heard a rattling, the she just wouldn't go anymore. The engine was running but as I cranked the throttle, the engine just revved up. So she ended up on a truck & straight to the shop. I know aftermarket is not recommended, but any part sources would be appreciated. Thanks :D

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:34 am

If I can't buy parts here https://scooterpartsco.com/
Then I buy parts from Fox motorsports(SHS).