I am an old fart :(

Everything not scooter related and still legal goes here
robber57
Admin

I am an old fart :(

Post by robber57 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 am

Yep, it was already for some time in the air and wednesday it became reality; i had to undergo a "dotter" treatment in my legs, thats the procedure where a blocked artery is blown up by a balloon to clear the passage and afterwards a "stent" is placed in the artery to prevent it from falling back in its old shape.
The stent is a mesh/wire sleeve which is unfolded in the blocked artery once it is stretched open.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Theodore_Dotter

The word "dotter" sounds so cute (after the inventor dr Dotter) and as the doctor told me it should be a mild,simple and easy procedure,you come in the morning to hospital and leave in the afternoon, no worry's Image.
Its done with local anesthesia so there should be no pain when they make the incision( in the fold of the groin), well he was correct about that but what he forgot to mention is that the incision is not the place where the do the dottering,thats several inch further where the anesthetic doesn't come....

It is fxxking agony from hell :evil: :( , like a 250 lbs hooker with stiletto heels standing on your crouch, i feel like i have been kicked in the nuts by a horse :(

And although i drove home on my sh i think i will leave it in the garage for the next few days,argh, this shit hurts like hell.

But: everything went well and thats in the end what counts, blood flow is increased in both my legs from 25% up to 85% :)
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

southerncannuck

Re: I am an old fart :(

Post by southerncannuck » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Take care of yourself. I need the mechanical advice! Modern man's diet is mighty unhealthy. Too many carbs.

SHiHondarider

Post by SHiHondarider » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Hey robber, hope you are feeing better these days. Guzzle down a few Heinekens there in Holland and it will clean out those passages!!!! 8-)

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words, i am already doing better now, a solid night sleep does wonders :)

Budz

Post by Budz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Feel better robber57, modern medicine is amazing and you'll be back on your Sh in no time....

GetOutside

Post by GetOutside » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:56 am

I'm sure your not the only "old fart" riding the Sh150. Take it easy there son and you will be back to ass kicking in no time. Thanks for a great site with tons of info.

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks ;)

In the mean time i recovered well, i am flying now up stairs like a 12 yo 8-)

ScottWally

Post by ScottWally » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:38 am

Glad to hear you are doing better man - we need you here.

Take care -

SW

PS - What is considered 'old fart' status? I'm 50 and oldest in my scooter community here in Denver LOL, but there are older riders around the city.

NADman

Post by NADman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:27 pm

ScottWally wrote:Glad to hear you are doing better man - we need you here.

Take care -

SW

PS - What is considered 'old fart' status? I'm 50 and oldest in my scooter community here in Denver LOL, but there are older riders around the city.
Old Fart? I'm looking at 70. Been thinking all winter but have come to a decision to sell my baby this spring.
Getting old and scared. My brother (2 yrs. older) broke his hip 2 yrs ago and never walked again. I have been in numerous (motorcycle, bike, auto and work related) incidents. Many broken bones including compound fractures to both my lower legs when I was 21. (they were going to amputate both below the knees). I've also had an incredible amount of FUN.
Will list my baby here first.

TommyXP
Staff

Post by TommyXP » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 am

Sorry to hear that it has been deemed necessary for you to forsake one of your pleasures. You know what is best for you and thrills can still be had within oneself while even just sitting quietly doing nothing or romancing the girlfriend down the hall. Going to miss you here. My imagination is already trying to conjure-up a road trip to the 49th Parallel and give your baby a good home.
I too am pushing 70 and have had my fair-share of unintended kinetic aberrations, like; riding off of cliffs in the darkness; high-speed 'wobble' @>80mph on the e-way (that sent me face-first into the concrete); getting shot down in helicopters; and fecklessly totaling beautiful lil' cars while pushing the limits of an addled, Hunter Thompson-like consciousness.
Most fortunately, God forbid, I never harmed anyone 'cept myself outside of War (which is still unforgivable).
My ever Faithful Guardian Angel has certainly been tried and tested BUT; when it has been ordained that one has reached the end of their 'tether', the Lord will have His Way with one whether snug in their jammies sipping cocoa in an earthquake-proof building or standing on their head atop the Empire State Building IMHO. Best to keep a 'clean-slate' when one turns-out for THE ultimate 'appointment', which is more certain than anything else in your Life since your Father 'knew' your Mother (in a biblical sense).
Personally, I am unable to rationalize a better, more efficient way of hauling these Lazy-Bones from point A to point B (with GUSTO), come what may, and can't see deeming it any wiser to place myself in a cage to protect myself, whilst increasing the chances of hurting others IF I succumb to the notion I implanted in my head that my faculties aren't up to snuff (take your Siberian Ginseng!).....http://www.healtharticles101.com/top-10 ... -benefits/
Watch out for this old geezer, for I'll be riding to the end of this wonderful road with the greatest joy and anticipation of finally being allowed to return to God, from whence I came on this mission.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freedom is not something you are given. Its something you take.