The new Sh models

Discuss the SH- the one in your garage or at the dealer showroom

robber57
Admin

Re: The new Sh models

Post by robber57 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:30 am

It has the same crappy engine as the pcx and so probably also the electronic speed limiter for which, till now, no real effective hack has been found :(

http://youtu.be/EVvIwgTZ93Y

And more: http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl ... 2F&act=url

On the Italian SH forum there is an abundance in faces like this: :(
Its butt-ugly.
The engine sucks
The speedlimiter sucks
The end of an era
etc etc

I am not sure what to think of it, yes it has ABS,a side stand,windscreen,more under seat space and the start stop system but besides the ABS i am happy without these.
The engine is the major drawback it delivers almost 2 HP LESS and a bit lower torque, that means it will feel like it delivers the same up to 80-90 km/h but then will crawl and struggle to reach its topspeed at 64 Mph (102 km/h).

The biggest surprise for me is that they eliminated the radiator in the front cowling as the new engine has it in the engine itself on the right side but still did not manage to incorporate a glovebox :roll:
What the hell is now in all that space that came available :roll: , it sure is not the electronics for a fuel warning light because that is also still missing :|

It is apparently already on sale in Vietnam: http://translate.google.nl/translate?hl ... 3D62493553
The sh150 always has been a highway capable scooter despite being at the edge of that possibility , the new model will definitely not be highway capable not to mention what happens if you drive it with a passenger.
Failure is not an option, it comes bundled with the package.

ambientscape

Post by ambientscape » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:38 pm

We already having the new SH in Vietnam. I havent really ridden it yet but managed to start the engine and suprisingly quiet.

More photo's can be found here : http://vnexpress.net/gl/oto-xe-may/2012 ... page_2.asp

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:57 am

One correction; it does appear to have a glove box, thats at least something.

I still dont know what to think of it, i was planning to buy a new sh,i figured that a new model would come next summer and was hoping for undated brakes ,maybe abs and some minor updates on the engine like the start stop system and roller bearings on the cam rockers but i never anticipated that they would stick in the pcx engine :?
What remains a mystery is the price, there is a reasonable change that it will be much cheaper which would soften the negative points of the engine.
Doing some converting i calculated the Vietnamese price at 3000 euro which gives hope that in europe america the price may be lower then before.
The distance between honda and piaggio/kymco/yamaha/suzuki is getting smaller and smaller and all these are significantly cheaper.

IntlRunner
Staff

Post by IntlRunner » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:51 am

From what I have read, it looks like the PCX150 gets near 70 mph (per linked article) which is about what my Sh does. So, there is a chance the new SH150 might not be too far from it's top end, despite the loss of hp. The question is, does the European PCX 150 have a limitor which does not exist in the American model.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2012/07/ ... irst-ride/
2008 Honda ST1300
2010 Honda Sh150i

ambientscape

Post by ambientscape » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:59 pm

The new SH model is about 6KG lighter to its predecessor, so I think the weaker engine is compensated with the lighter body.

Source: http://autopro.com.vn/20120819055246122 ... c-biet.chn

robber57
Admin

Post by robber57 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Hm, i dunno, hauling 6 KG doesnt require 2 HP, weight is usually not the factor that consumes HP, its wind resistance that eats your hp.

Your logic would also mean that my sh would have higher topspeed on a almost empty gas tank, it does not.
Weight has significant effect on acceleration but for top speed it does little.

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello, my name is Will from north florida.
You mentioned wind resistance. I gained some top speed with a custom windshield. According to the spedo, my stock speed is 66-67 but with the windshield my speed is 70-71. I want to check it with my GPS this weekend and if your interested I'll post my results. I noticed that the 2013 SH doesnt have the tiny wind deflector on it so mine won't work on it. Is there anyone out there that can tell me if that (my opinion) ugly windshield Honda offers, improves performance.
Thank you for your time.

stonerolled

Post by stonerolled » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:59 pm

breaknwind wrote:Hello, my name is Will from north florida.
You mentioned wind resistance. I gained some top speed with a custom windshield. According to the spedo, my stock speed is 66-67 but with the windshield my speed is 70-71. I want to check it with my GPS this weekend and if your interested I'll post my results. I noticed that the 2013 SH doesnt have the tiny wind deflector on it so mine won't work on it. Is there anyone out there that can tell me if that (my opinion) ugly windshield Honda offers, improves performance.
Thank you for your time.
I cannot tell the difference in top speed with the Honda windshield on. I know I like it so much that it stays on even in summer. The scooter went about 68mph before and still does.

regards.

Arbiter

Post by Arbiter » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Friend bought this new sh. IMHO very nice scooter with good engine (start stop).

I've been testing this sh. Engine and drive runs more smooth then in our old sh. Seat place is worst then our (is harder). Start stop works fine and natural.