My SH150i

Show off your new bike or favorite routes
Taos

Re: My SH150i

Post by Taos » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 am

Have you checked your top speed without windshield and with windshield? I wonder if its more aerodynamic,if top speed is better your fuel economy will be better, also the honda top box is very good I have one ,it comes without a trunk mat I ordered one don't think it worth it it cost me about $ 80. (For mat)Canadian with duty and shipping and it's just a piece of foam two layers ,but fits nice.
2010 black SH 150i and silver 2007 honda ST 1300.(sold) 2014 forza 300 ontario Canada

Lavanne

Post by Lavanne » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:28 pm

I haven't noticed a significant decrease of top speed with the windscreen. I have noticed my MPG seems to have decreased from the tank before the windscreen, but I haven't gotten it out of the breaking in period yet so I think its early to tell.

So far my first 3 tanks yeilded 64, 66, and 60 mpg, the last being the tankfull following my windscreen install.

My dad has an SH150i also and he says he averages about 75 mpg still well short of the 91 mpg advertised. Hes had his for almost a year now and has probably 2k miles on it.

Taos

Post by Taos » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:29 am

I'm getting (two up riding riding hills )90 mpg (but remember our gallon is more then u.s. gallon ours is 4.5 litres and u.s. gallon is 3.78 litres and some of my best fuel economy was 115mpg, as long as you don't accelerate hard and keep speed between 70-80 kph or 45-50 mph, I have no windshield and was thinking it maybe will improve fuel economy,by better aerodynamics
2010 black SH 150i and silver 2007 honda ST 1300.(sold) 2014 forza 300 ontario Canada

breaknwind

Post by breaknwind » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:29 am

Hey Taos, check out my post "Got my GPS out yesterday, 73MPH SH150i ?" its on the 2nd page of SCOOTER CHAT.
I saw Arbiter's post. If I'd seen this website before I made my windshield, I might have bought a PUIG traffic screen.
Also notice Robber's post "My new love"
It had the complete high original honda windscreen and hand protectors but i took the screen of on day 2, its way to high and large for me, maybe i will cut it shorter or buy a low Puig screen.
I have changed my screen by increasing the surface area by 20% but when I changed the brackets I decreased the rake 2 or 3 deg. It decreased my top end about 2 mph but I didn't check it with my GPS. Rake is a forward or reverse angle, that's why I think I have better performance than the other windscreens. I changed the brackets so I can remove the screen quick & easy so I can put my scoot in my van. I live 50 miles from the beach and that's a long ride so I drive the van and I'm not tired and have a sore butt when I get there.
I got some DR PULLEY sliders but I'm waiting for my variator pulleys (because of the dealer service MORONS). I'm going to check them with my GPS. I'm hoping to do that before this weekend and I'll post some pictures.
It would be nice if someone would post the stats on their windscreen(and muffler, rollers, etc.) so that people could make an informed decision on what to buy.
BTW my top speed increased by 6 or 7 mph with my screen but my screen is custom fabricated.

Update: anybody got any cheese?
They called me about my parts today. So I drive down there and wadaya know, the parts are dinged on the wear surface and they don't have any parts to replace them. So now the backordered parts aren't expected until April 10th.